Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures. Proverbs 24:3-4

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Money, money, money!

Every December I set the budget for the coming year.  It makes it easier after the decision is made, incorporated and it then runs on auto pilot (so to speak).  This year was colossal in setting it in place.  A long story longer:

We had a few savings accounts on auto pilot for Emergencies, Car Fund, Christmas, and extra savings.  I had wanted to edit the amounts on two accounts back in October and was advised wrongly to close the auto and reset them up.  OK, I thought.  Meanwhile we got a letter from our out of state Savings bank that they had been sold to another institution (actually a good deal as it went from .5% to 1.%).  The two remaining accounts was transferred without my doing anything.  Then came up the setting up of the new accounts.  We had to start from scratch on an application to use their bank.  Then we had to wait until the account was verified by depositing a small amount into our account to verify that it was connected to our checking account for auto transfers.  I waited and waited...finally checked and it had been accomplished two weeks ago.  Whew!  All done ( I thought).  In checking the balances, one of the accounts was low because a deposit hadn't made it through.  I finally realized that I had written the transfer in my checkbook, BUT had never executed it.

This was a steep learning curve for me as I haven't had to do this for a long time.  I wrote this to encourage you.  Do not fear the unknown.  There will always be a voice on the other end of the line to straighten you out.  We are finally back on auto transfers to our out of state savings accounts and it's only January 22!

No comments:

Post a Comment